B'nai B'rith and Chinese Australian Forum Poster Competition for NSW Schools
Harmony Day 21 March 2007
- Background to the Poster Competition
B'nai B'rith Anti Defamation Commission and Chinese Australian Forum are conducting a poster competition to support Harmony Day 2007.
The competition provides NSW primary and high school students with an opportunity to participate in and develop the theme of HARMONY MATTERS as part of celebrating Harmony Day 21st March 2007.
- Poster Competition Theme
The theme of the poster competition is HARMONY MATTERS
The theme of the competition supports one or more of the following aspects highlighted by Harmony Day:
- A society that promotes tolerance and understanding between different cultural and ethnic groups and respects the language, culture and religion of members of Australia's culturally diverse society
- A society that is dedicated to combating prejudice and discrimination against individuals or groups on the basis of religion, gender, ethnic origin, language or age
- A society that recognises the qualities of diverse cultural and ethnic groups
- A society that promotes access and equity for minority and/or disadvantaged groups
- Poster Competition Details
3.1 Competition Categories:
Entries will be judged in regional groups with a
- Junior category for primary school students
- Senior category for high school students.
Junior and Senior state winners will be selected from the regional finalists.
3.3 Submission of Entries
- Dimensions: Posters must be A3 size (29.7 cm x 42 cm) either portrait or landscape.
- Medium: Watercolour, acrylic, gouache, oil, pastels, crayons, colour pencils, photographs, computer graphics, collage or assemblage
Entries may be submitted by individual students or by groups of students attending government and non-government schools, community language schools, out-of-schools hours (OOSH) facilities or other after-school centres run by local government or non-government organizations or other community groups.
All entries must be original and incorporate the theme HARMONY MATTERS.
Entries to be posted to
Harmony Day Poster Competition: HARMONY MATTERS
PO Box 443
KINGS CROSS NSW 1340
3.4 Closing Date
The closing date for all entries is 8 December 2006. Entries will become the property of B'nai B'rith unless return of the submitted poster is requested. Please note that requests for return of posters must be accompanied by a stamped self-addressed envelope.
A panel of qualified art critics and educational personnel will judge the entries. Decisions made by the judging panel are final.
Prizes will be made to students whose posters best illustrate an innovative approach to theme 'HARMONY MATTERS' complementing community harmony and the principles of Harmony Day.
3.6 Winning entries
- Each entrant will receive a certificate of acknowledgement
- Winning Junior and Senior regional entries will each receive a prize of $150
- The overall State winner in each category (Junior and Senior) will receive a prize of $500
- Each of the schools attended by the two State prize winners will receive $250
- Winners will be publicly announced on 21 March 2007
- Winning entries may be published, exhibited publicly, used for promotional purposes or uploaded onto World Wide Web.
The competition is being sponsored by
- The Anti-Defamation Commission of B'nai B'rith (ADC)
- The Chinese Australian Forum
- The City of Sydney
- The Alfred Dreyfus Anti Defamation Unit
The competition is supported by
- NSW Department of Education and Training
- The Catholic Education Commission of NSW
- The NSW Association of Independent Schools
- The United Nations Information Office for Australia and the South Pacific
- The Community Relations Commission for a multicultural NSW
- Uniting Church School Association
For further information, please contact Ernie Friedlander, B'nai B'rith, tel 02 9361 6035 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information : download STUDENT ENTRY FORM and INFORMATION